Exotic Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka offers than golf, history, culture, wonderful food, friendly folk and much more. The perfect tour for golfers and non golfers.
HOW IT WORKS
This tour is designed for a small group of up to 20 people. Accommodation is at 4.5/5 Star Hotels well located with full breakfast and 8 evening meals included. Travel is by private coach with a local English Speaking Guide. Golf is planned using caddies, however carts are available at Victoria (limited) and Shangri La Resort.
Colombo: Cinnamon Lakeside
Kandy: Cinnamon Citadel
Nuwara Eliya: Arilya Green Hills
Hambantota: Shangri La Resort
Colombo: Cinnamon Grand
The Victoria Golf Club: Kandy – Picturesque Rural Course with changing elevations edged by jungle.
Nuwara Eliya: – Founded in 1895 by a soldier of the Gordon Highlanders for the servicemen. No carts caddies are provided.
Shangri La Resort: New course built after the tsunami. Seaside location with carts and caddies.
Royal Colombo: The 2nd oldest Royal Golf Club outside the British Isles opened by British Governor Sir Joseph West Ridgeway 130 years ago. Situated in the midst of Colombo City, the Golf Course is an oasis of green, cool breeze and refreshing openness in a tropical environment.
Private Air Conditioned Coach with English Speaking Driver and Guide
THE OTHER BITS
This tour is as much about enjoying the history and ambience of Sri Lanka, the gastronomy and local culture. Golfers and Non Golfers can enjoy participation in a Cooking Class, visit the Elephant Orphanage, see Gem Stones polished, Fauna & Flora walk at Victoria Golf Club and Shangri La Resort as well as tours of Colombo, Kandy, Galle as well as visiting a Tea Plantation.
- 10 Nights Hotel Accommodation with Breakfast & 8 Evening Meals including Welcome and Farewell events
- 4 Golf Games with caddies, & carts where available
- Cooking Class
- Touring including: City Tours of Colombo, Kandy & Galle. Visit a Tea Plantation,
- Buddha’s Temple of the Tooth, Gem Factory, Textile Factory, Elephant Orphanage, Hakgala Botanical Gardens
- Meals, excepted those noted in the itinerary
- Drinks, tips and other personal expenses
- Caddie tips
- Air travel
- Travel Insurance – Compulsory
- Visa – Visas are available on line
Ask Golf & Gourmet about extensions, possible options include Thailand, Singapore or Malaysia
- $2741 Golfer per person twin share
- $2383 Non Golfer twin share
- $1348 Single Supplement
- Deposit: AU$800 per person secures a place on this tour. Balance is due 90 days before departure
- Tour Starts in Colombo: 19 February 2019
- Tour Ends Colombo: 01 March 2019
|DAY 1||COLOMBO -CINNAMON LAKESIDE HOTEL||TRANSFER FROM AIRPORT – WELCOME EVENT KINGSBURY HOTEL|
|DAY 2||COLOMBO – CINNAMON LAKESIDE||OPTIONAL ROYAL COLOMBO GC||SIGHTSEEING COLOMBO, WELCOME DINNER|
|DAY 3||KANDY – CINNAMON CITADEL||ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE, SPICE GARDENS, BHUDDA TEMPLE OF THE TOOTH.|
|DAY 4||KANDY – CINNAMON CITADEL||VICTORIA GOLF CLUB||FAUNA FLORA WALK, VICTORIA GC|
|DAY 5||NUWARA ELIYA – ARALIYA GREEN HILLS HOTEL||OPTIONAL 9 HOLES NUWARA ELIYA GC||GEM POLISHING & TEXTILES, TEA PLANTATION & TASTING.|
|DAY 6||NUWARA ELIYA- ARALIYA GREEN HILLS HOTEL||NUWARA ELIYA GC||HAKGALA BOTANICAL GARDENS, MOUNTAIN VILLAGE HANDICRAFTS|
|DAY 7||HAMBANTOTA – SHANGRI LA RESORT & SPA||OPTIONAL 9 HOLES GOLF|
|DAY 8||HAMBANTOTA – SHANGRI LA RESORT||SHANGRI LA GC||RESORT ACTIVITIES|
|DAY 9||COLOMBO – CINNAMON GRAND HOTEL||TOUR OF HISTORIC GALLE.|
|DAY 10||COLOMBO CINNAMON GRAND HOTEL||ROYAL COLOMBO GC||COOKING CLASS, FAREWELL DINNER,|
|DAY 11||TRANSFER TO COLOMBO INT AIRPORT (Note: departures are at early AM so can be after farewell dinner)|